Standard Bank Group collected 18 prestigious awards that validate its client-centric philosophy and extensive network in Africa, at the recent Sibos conference in Boston.
Two of the accolades were awarded to Standard Bank at the EMEA Finance Magazine awards ceremony for Treasury Services, 15 awards at the Global Finance Magazine awards ceremony for Global Finance Transaction Processing, and one award from the Asian Banker.
The two awards won by Standard Bank in EMEA Finance’s Treasury Services Awards 2014 are:
- Best cash management services in Africa
- Best transactional bank for financial institutions in Africa
These awards are in their fifth year of existence and Standard Bank has been acknowledged in each consecutive year. According to EMEA Finance, “Standard Bank takes two titles in this year’s Treasury Services Awards, in recognition of its transactional work for financial-institution clients as well as its trade finance expertise.”
Global Finance Magazine awarded Standard Bank 15 accolades, across several categories, including trade finance, payments and collections, cash management, liquidity management, money market funds and sub-custody. These awards were adjudicated against specific criteria such as volume, market share and customer service. Standard Bank Group was chosen by the Global Finance editorial team along with input from expert sources.
The awards are:
- Best Trade Finance Bank in Africa
- Best Trade Finance Bank in South Africa
- Best Overall Bank for Cash Management in Africa
- Best Bank for Liquidity Management in Africa
- Best Provider of Money Market Funds in Africa
- Best Bank for Payments & Collections in Africa
- Best Investment Bank in Africa
- Best Bank in Africa
- Best Bank in Angola (Standard Bank Angola)
- Best Bank in South Africa
- Best Bank in Uganda (Stanbic Bank Uganda)
- Best Subcustodian Bank in Africa
- Best Subcustodian Bank in Mozambique (Standard Bank Mozambique)
- Best Subcustodian Bank in Namibia (Standard Bank Namibia)
- Best Subcustodian Bank in Nigeria (Stanbic IBTC)
Standard Bank was also ranked the ‘Strongest Bank in South Africa’ by The Asian Banker. The Asian Banker awards cover the full spectrum of topics and sectors constituting financial services including banking. The prestigious nature of the Asian Banker awards programme is the independence, rigor, impartiality and transparency of the evaluation process.
Acknowledging all 18 awards, Standard Bank’s Global Head of Transactional Products and Services, Mr Neil Surgey said: “We are delighted to receive these awards from such prestigious publications. They provide further confirmation of the success of our client-focused strategy and desire to serve clients through our well-established physical presence in Africa and our global connectivity that links clients to Africa.”
Mr Surgey said that Standard Bank continues to position itself as the leading bank on the continent through its operations across 20 countries in Africa. Having built strong in-country advisory capabilities, Standard Bank is able to deliver a full range of corporate and investment banking services to clients across Africa.